Established by the American Concrete Institute, The ACI Foundation is a not-for-profit organization that aims to promote collaboration progress, and innovation in the concrete industry by supporting research, ideas, and scholarships.
The ACI offers annually several Undergraduate or postgraduate Fellowship opportunities to foreign students with high potential who wants to pursue their studies in a Canadian or a U.S university in the field of structural design, materials, and construction.
Each candidate has the right to receive only one fellowship and one scholarship from the Foundation during their studies.
A single online application form will be used for all the scholarships and fellowships. The form will automatically determine fellowships and scholarships for which the student may be qualified after answering some qualifying questions.
- Did you ever receive a fellowship or scholarship grant from the ACI Foundation?
- What’s your current educational status (Undergraduate/Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D.)?
- When the award year begins in Fall 2021, what is it going to be your academic status be (Undergraduate/Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D.)?
- (Fellowship candidates only) after the application season, will you be able to attend an interview at the spring ACI Concrete Convention on March 28, 2021? Travel, registration, and hotel arrangements are going to be paid for by the ACI Foundation.
- (For certain fellowships) will you be able to fulfill a 10- to a 12-week internship during the summer of 2021?
- The applicant must be a full-time student for the entire academic year
- The applicants have to submit: their contact and academic information, a resume, a 500- word essay where they discuss their interest in a long-term career in the concrete industry as well as their interest in the general field of concrete, an official transcript, and two endorsements, one from an ACI member (non-student)
- Application data, essay, endorsements, resume, and transcripts must be in the English language.
- All application materials must be received by the deadline of the application.
- Applicants must be fluent in the English language, if it’s not their native language they can upload a copy of their TOEFL score to their application (optional).
The chosen candidates will be notified by February 4, 2022, and must attend an interview with the scholarship council at the spring ACI Concrete Convention on Sunday, March 28, 2022